• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrC<>Lr iOS: Error 19650929 when opening on iOS after app update

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since at least June 19th—shortly after the release on Lightroom 7.4.0 and 7.4.1—Lightroom for both iPadOS and iOS frequently start with the following error:

"Lightroom detected an issue, please quit and restart the app to resolve. Error code: 19650929"

As a result of this, I have been unable to effectively use Lightroom on either my iPad or iPhone for a week. (My iPad is my preferred Lightroom device.)

Troubleshooting Steps

• Restart Lightroom: This will typically throw the error again, although occassionally it loads successfully. I often need to restart the app 5+ times before it will successfully load.
  • Restart i(Pad)OS: No different than just restarting Lightroom.
  • Reinstall Lightroom: This will load successfully, ask me to login, and then begin synching my photos. The next time I start Lightroom, however, I will typically get the error. I've done this around ten times on my iPad.

Technical details

iOS

• iOS version: 15.5 (19F77)
  • Device: Apple iPhone SE (MLMC2LL/A)
  • Network: WiFi

iPadOS

• iPadOS version: 
  • Device: Apple iPad Mini 4 
  • Network: WiFi

Lightroom

• Subscription: Photography plan (20GB)
  • Synced Photographs: 68,064
  • File Format: RAW (CR2, DNG)
  • Sync Format: Smart Preview
  • File Source: Lightroom Classic (via synced collections)

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you for reporting this. 
An uninstall should not solve the issue.
Do I understand it correctly that it's a bigger issue on the iPad than on the iPhone?

Does this issue go away if you wait for several minutes (max 10)?
Does it help to restart the device(s)?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignacio,

It does, in fact, appear to be a more persistent issue on the iPad than on the iPhone, though it certainly affects both. As noted, restarting the device does not have any apparent impact. 

The error occurs approximately sixty seconds after starting the app. I haven't tried allowing it ten minutes beyond the error message. It doesn't give any indication that it's doing anything at that point, though I haven't e.g., monitored network traffic.. Next time it happens, I'll give it ten minutes to see if it's able to e.g., finish syncing. 

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this error message is there to indicate that the startup time has vastly been exceeded.

The reason that I ask about waiting longer is that whatever task is beinged worked on.
Once finished: it might no longer need a long startup time.
So it might just be a bump that you need to pass once.
Unless you see this differently on the phone of course.

If you go to https://lightroom.adobe.com and compare, do you see all the 68K images there too?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see all the 68K images there on the above link.  However, I am having the same issue where I keep getting the same error message every time I try to open Lightroom on my iPad Pro.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joyce Andersen does it mean that your iPad Pro always needs more than 60 seconds to show the UI?
Does the message go away after a couple of minutes or are you stuck for longer than 5-10 minutes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue:

Device: iPad Mini 4

iOS Version: 15.7

Connection: WiFi

Lightroom Mobile Version: 7.5.2

I've completely wiped my iPad and started from scratch. The only app installed is Lightroom. The first time I launch LR, the UI will display and it will begin building my library of photos.131,402 photos synced with LR Classic. Watching the progress, it will get to about 90,000 photos synced and then the app will crash. When I releaunch LR I get the error message "Lightroom detected an issue, please quit and restart the app to resolve. Error code: 19650929"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ygrafixBR ,

we are working on improving this issue in our next release.
Just for clarification; the warning (cryptic) means that the app needs over one minute to show any images/videos. There is no need to restart the app if you have a couple of minutes. On slower devices it might take longer time to load so many assets, and once the loading has finished internally the warning will go away.

Does it help to force quit all apps and restart the device ( in case the reason for the crash is low memory)?

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried launching after forcing all other apps to close and it still doesn't help. Good to hear it is a known issue and being worked on. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I updated my Lightroom app to version8.0.1 on my Iphone 12 one week ago and now when I start the app it comes up a red square saying "A problem has been discovered in Lightroom. Close the app and restart to solve the problem. Code: 19650929" See picture.

Does this mean that all my photots are gone?

I have tried to reopen it but it does not work and also restart my phone.

I hope someone can help me so I can get all my photos back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Lightroom ecosystem as issue relates to iOS mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install Lightroom Mobile 8.1 released yesterday in the App Store and let us know if you are still seeing the issue?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that now but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I still get the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Help888 did you resolve the issue? Did it help to restart the device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No unfotunately It did not solve the problem, I still have the same problem. The app don't start, and I still have the red square coming up saying "A problem has been discovered in Lightroom. Close the app and restart to solve the problem. Code: 19650929" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem too and I've tried all the recommendations on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio, do you have any news regarding the problem opening Lightroom? I really want to get a hold of all the photos I have. I installed the latest version yesterday but it did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Help888 
I've pinged you privately

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uso o app para iphone há anos, mas desde novembro de 2022 ele não abre, não carrega. Aparece sempre esse mesmo erro depois de alguns minutos. Já atualizei o app, mas não quero ter que desinstalá-lo porque sei que perderei meus presets. Uso a versão gratuita. Alguma ideia do que pode causar isso ou se tem solução? Devo apenas aguardar um milagre? 

Deixei um comentário na apple store e a única resposta que tive do Desenvolvedor é que deveria acessar esse link e relatar meu problema aqui, acompanhado de uma captura de vídeo. Espero que alguém saiba me ajudar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @B283903549jl4 

You are correct -- do NOT delete the app.  Deleting the free version of Lightroom will delete all the images and edits that are stored inside Lightroom.

We released a new app verison today, Lightroom iOS 8.2 -- if you search for Lightroom in the iOS App Store, you should see the update appear.  Does updating to 8.2 solve your problem?

Does it help to reboot your device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this issue with error code 19650929 ever be resolved? It started last year and no updates to the app have made any difference. Rebooting device doesn't make a difference. It just constantly brings up the error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue for months now. I can't log in and it is the same code as above. I need help figuring it out! I don't want to lose all my pictures and filters.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.   I just go into the backcountry take a bunch of photos and now it says this.  Also, it's affecting my Lightroom Classic Sync by having photos on LR mobile that are stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error code: 19650929 - Do we have an update on this? After the latest upgrade 8.4.1 I'm no longer able to access Lightroom on my iOS. I've closed all other apps, reopened Lightroom by itself, restarted my iPhone. Not sure what else to do here and I won't delete the app since it's clear I'll lose all my photos and filters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mackenzie316476472yip 

I'm not aware of any concrete solution for this issue yet.  Notes I see indicate it's rare and difficult to reproduce making it hard for engineering to debug.  Any updates will be posted here of course.

In the meantime, I do recommend you at least copy your original images out of the free Lightroom app cache, using iTunes or the latest Mac OS Finder, as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm...  Unfortunately, this will not save edits or presets.  If possible, I recommend making a full iOS backup of your device which you could restore later.  That way, once a solution is found, you will be able to restore your backup and recover lost presets (and edits) as they exist today.  I really wish I had better news for you.  

If you are willing to work with me further, I would pass your steps to obtain and share with me some diagnostic info that could help our engineers debug this.  Please let me know if you are interested in working with me on this -- the steps I would share might take 10-20 minutes to follow -- let me know.

Kind regards,
Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie.D  I have the same issue and would like to do help you with diagnostic info. I recently started using Lightroom on iPad as a test and don't have anything to lose -- everything I have is synced elsewhere.  Just now, I reproduced the same error, which remained after waiting 10 minutes. I am running iOS 15.4.1 with an iPad (6th generation) using Lightroom 8.5, 51 free GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate